All Dry-Tek CHAMP® Systems come with a Lifetime Guarantee.*
Custom Humidity And Moisture Prevention
- CHAMP® Crawl space Systems prevent problems caused by excessive humidity and moisture in the crawl space.
- Each CHAMP® System is customized to meet the specific requirements of an individual crawl space.
- Each crawl space is extensively evaluated and analyzed with respect to excessive humidity and moisture.
- A customized system, with options, is designed and presented to the customer for discussion.
- The system is installed, inspected with the customer, and maintained according to our maintenance and warranty agreement.
CHAMP® Crawl space evaluation:
- Discovery and documentation of crawl space dynamics
- Crawl space elevation and relationship to surrounding land
- Crawl space dimensions, layout and partitions
- Visual and quantifiable evidence of excessive moisture in the crawl space
- Sources of outside moisture entering the crawl space
- Sources of moisture originating from within the crawl space
CHAMP® Data analysis and system design:
- Analyze data collected during evaluation and discovery
- Design CHAMP® system to solve the crawl space moisture problem
- Design CHAMP® system options to meet specific customer goals
- Discuss CHAMP® system design and options with the customer
CHAMP® System installation services include:
- Remove ineffective insulation, plastic ground covering and debris
- Field grade the crawl space floor
- Treat wood surfaces with EPA registered antimicrobial agent
- Excavate footing perimeter for drain system
- Repair structural damage
- Seal foundation wall penetrations
- Perimeter block wall insulation
- Unfaced batt insulation on exterior band boards
- Polyethylene vapor barrier on crawl space floor
- Drain pipe, basin for sump pump, and ejection pipe
- Sump pump
- Crawl space lights and wiring
- Electrical devices and wiring for CHAMP™ equipment
- GFCI protected circuits in existing electrical panel
- Galvanized access door
CHAMP® System Installation review and inspection with customer
CHAMP® System Lifetime Guarantee*
*CHAMP® System Lifetime Guarantee
Upon payment in full for all amounts due, and completion of all work (the “Work”) performed under Customer’s CHAMP® System Agreement (the “Agreement”) with Dry-Tek Environmental, Inc. (“Dry-Tek”), Dry-Tek will guarantee to the original customer (“Customer”) its labor and material, subject to the Exclusions and Customer Obligations below (the “Guarantee”), as follows:
1. All Work is guaranteed at the time of completion to be substantially as specified in the Agreement and performed in a workmanlike manner.
2. The CHAMP® System will, for so long as the Customer owns their home, prevent rot, mildew and mold occurring in significant amounts in the crawlspace so long as the Customer Obligations listed below are followed.
3. The CHAMP® System will assure for as long as the Customer owns their home that a moisture problem will not develop in the Customer’s crawlspace and that it will prevent or dispose of within a reasonable time any liquid water appearing on the on the surface of the vapor barrier or liner.
4. The foam board and vapor barrier/liner incorporated in the CHAMP® System are guaranteed for as long as the Customer owns their home against deterioration, except for normal wear and tear.
5. Electrical connections made by Dry-Tek’s electrician are warranted to be free from defects for so long as the Customer owns their home.
6. Dry-Tek supports all warranties issued by the manufacturers of materials and equipment used by Dry-Tek in performing the Work for the CHAMP® System. This includes, for example, the Santa Fe Compact Dehumidifier (2 year warranty against material defects; 5 year warranty on condenser, evaporator, and compressor); the sump pump (3 year warranty against defects in material or workmanship); and the Infiltrator drain field system and accessories (1 year warranty against defective materials and workmanship). This means if any of said manufacturers’ warranties are breached, Dry-Tek will assist the Customer in obtaining reasonable compliance with said warranty.
7. Guarantee response by Dry-Tek will be performed during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday—Friday excluding Holidays (“Business Hours”). Guarantee response requested by Customer outside Business Hours or on emergency basis will incur charges at Dry-Tek’s regular rates for Weekend, Holiday or emergency response.
1. Customer will immediately report to Dry-Tek any leaks affecting the CHAMP® System and report to Dry-Tek within 24 hours of becoming aware of any other problems with the system.
2. Customer will refrain from causing, or permitting others to cause, any damage to any components of the CHAMP® System or Dry-Tek’s Work.
3. Customer shall use the crawl space where the CHAMP® System is installed for usual and customary purposes only; and not, for example, for storage, occupancy or for any form of activity by animals or humans, other than normal periodic inspections and maintenance. Customer shall keep the crawl space clean and free of dirt, sharp objects and debris.
4. Customer shall authorize Dry-Tek to perform a minimum of two maintenance inspections per year at their normal rates to check the performance of the CHAMP® System and identify any issues or problems. Any problems or issues not covered by this Guarantee will be corrected at Customer’s expense by Dry-Tek or another competent contractor.
1. This Guarantee may, in Dry-Tek’s sole discretion, be transferable to subsequent owners of Customer’s home
2. If Customer desires to transfer the CHAMP® System Guarantee to a subsequent owner, Customer shall first request a guarantee transfer inspection from Dry-Tek and, after such inspection, receive in writing from Dry-Tek a certification that the Guarantee is eligible to transfer to the subsequent owner. Dry-Tek may deny eligibility for transfer in its sole discretion. For the Guarantee to effectively transfer, the subsequent owner must agree to accept the Guarantee under all the terms hereof, including the Customer Obligations and Exclusions.
The following conditions are not intended to be covered by this Guarantee. If any are present, the Guarantee on the CHAMP® System is void or inapplicable.
1. Ordinary wear and tear
2. Abuse, neglect, vandalism, or damage caused by Customer or third parties.
3. Acts of God, force majeure, natural disaster, flood, storm surge, tidal action, hurricane, severe weather events, earthquake, unusual groundwater conditions, underground springs, fire or similar occurrences.
4. Leaks or water coming from plumbing, drain lines, the structure above the crawl space, or from improper site drainage.
5. Condensation on surfaces which are uninsulated or not properly insulated.
6. Impairment of any components due to freezing, settling of soil, loss of power.
7. Mold or fungi caused by water coming from an excluded condition, or occurring anywhere outside the crawl space.
8. Presence of, or any damage caused by wood destroying insects, ants, roaches, spiders, mice or any other insects, vermin or pests.
9. Incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages are not covered. DRY-TEK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, DEATH, HEALTH EFFECTS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF VALUE, ANY INDIRECT EFFECTS, OR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGE TO THE CHAMP® System CAUSED BY A BREACH OF DRY-TEK’S Guarantee. DRY-TEK SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY CONCERNING CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL OR REAL PROPERTY LOCATED OUTSIDE THE CONFINES OF THE SPECIFIC PORTION OF THE CRAWL SPACE ADDRESSED BY THE CHAMP® System, EXCEPT FOR THE Guarantee PROVIDED HEREIN, WHICH SHALL BE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE Guarantee WITH RESPECT TO DRY-TEK’S WORK AND THE CHAMP® System, DRY-TEK DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10. Limitation of remedies and liability. CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THE Guarantee SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DRY-TEK’S WORK, THE CHAMP® System, OR COMPONENTS THEREOF REQIUIRING REPAIR. DRY-TEK’S RESPONSIBILITY SHALL NEVER EXCEED, REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGES SUFFERED OR CLAIMED BY CUSTOMER OR THIRD PARTIES, THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE CHAMP® System.