The crawl space is one of the most important parts of a house that is often neglected. It is where you can find a series of support beams and structures that are vital to your property’s stability. A large percentage of the air you’re breathing inside your home also comes from the underside of your house. That said, you may want to keep it safe at all times. You can start by hiring experts at encapsulating or insulating a crawl space.
Crawl Space Insulation
Insulating your crawl space can help you protect the area from moisture, excess precipitation, and mold and mildew issues. It can also help you save money. If the underside of your house isn’t insulated, you’ll be letting the inside air escape your home. Likewise, you’ll also be allowing outside air to enter your home. That said, your AC system will have to work harder. As a result, your energy bills go up.
The crawl space insulation process is quite simple. Generally, the contractor will take the following steps:
- Clear any water out from the crawl space.
- Identify any leaking spots within your crawl space and seal them.
- Remove or uninstall any old insulation.
- Install the new insulation.
- Insulate the crawl space pipes.
- Install moisture barriers and other waterproofing materials.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
One of the main purposes of encapsulating crawl spaces is to seal up any small leaks from the property’s foundation. Like insulation, encapsulation can also help keep the area underneath your home from moisture, which can lead to structural damage over time. Crawl space encapsulation can also prevent unwanted pests from entering your property.
The crawl space encapsulation process is quite similar to the insulation methods. The contractor will typically take the following steps:
- Clear away the water from the crawl space.
- Find the source of the leak and seal them.
- Uninstall the old insulation.
- Install a vapor barrier.
- Install a dehumidifier if needed.
- Waterproof the crawlspace further.
Contact Dry-Tek Environmental Today!
If you need help with encapsulating or insulating your crawl space, reach out to Dry-Tek Environmental right away. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff can surely assist you with your needs. Call us now to schedule an appointment!